Tuesday, November 05, 2013

A Brussels experience

There are a few things that bind expats living in Brussels together and where you will find almost unanimously experiences. Two of them are registration at the commune and having Belgacom installing tv and internet in your home. Both of then can be rather challenging as I understand.
As a diplomat I don't have to register so that is an experience I will not be able to share, but right now I am waiting for Belgacom to show up. They should come "in the morning" which I understand can last up to one o'clock. Then, if they show up, of course that is no guarantee things will work. They havre already indicated that there is some problem on my address... In a newly renovated house in the city centre...
From what I have heard the compulsory Belgacom visit often includes them digging up the street in front of the house!! Anyway at least I may have a true Belgian expat experience to share.

No comments: