Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Where old people go

Took a couple of days off to have some time to breathe. My friend and I were thinking a lot of where to go this time of the year. We wanted some sun and preferably beach or pool life, some golf and not to much time spent on flying, which can be a challenge this time of the year. Anyway, we ended up on Madeira.
That far I only knew Madeira was known for being very green and and flowery, popular for hiking and among retirees. But I had no time to be picky so why not, let's go!

This far, I must say I am so positively surprised and very satisfied. Weather nice, water nice, excellent food and service and good golfing. Yes, indeed most of the visitors are definitely over 65, but that is really no problem, rather I would even say it is an advantage. They are quiet and well behaved and leave you alone and don't bother you. Much more pleasent than shouting teenagers or screaming kids and families. Around the pool there is a nice calm atmoshpere and you don't risk getting a ball or a frees bee landing on your head. Perfect for just lounging and reading your book in the sun. These retirees are also quite a demanding, but still independent, well off and quality concient bunch of people, meaning they have done all the bickering and complaining for you so service is excellent and prices still very decent.

And you don't have to worry about you beach body not being what you would have wanted it to be. At the poolside with the retirees you will still feel very slim, young and good looking without doing anything but being there. I think from now on I will always travel where the old people go! :-)

No comments: